I have been treating gamblers and their loved ones for nearly two decades. And now with State-funded treatment, I am able to offer gambling treatment services at no cost. I work with family members of addicts to understand and deal with addiction, process their pain, fear and betrayal trauma, and learn to strengthen and care for themselves.
Family and friends are very much affected by the gambling problems of their loved one.
- Has their problem become yours?
- Do you feel anger and resentment towards the gambler?
- Are you suffering from anxiety, stress, depression or financial worries related to their gambling problem?
- Are you easily triggered by reminders of the gambling or deceit?
- Do you have a sense of guilt or responsibility for the gambler?
- Do you suffer from low self-esteem, self-doubt or take their blame?
- Do you feel embarrassed or alone with the problem?
Through therapy, loved ones of problem gamblers can:
- Regain control of your own life
- Learn to protect yourself financially and emotionally
- Heal your sense of betrayal, depression, pain, anger, stress, and anxiety
- Free yourself from guilt and blame
- Improve self-care and self-esteem
- Understand gambling addiction, how to support the gambler/addict
- Learn to be assertive and create and maintain healthy boundaries
I help partners, family members, and other loved ones understand addiction and learn to heal, protect and take care of themselves.
Call, text or email for a confidential consultation, or to schedule a free session: 619-405-6180 or Suzanne@SuzanneForHelp.com.